There are so many fun ways we can learn about creatures by studying their habits and habitats. It isn’t always feasible to sit outside for hours, quietly watching and waiting to see something new. This is why online live streaming cameras can be such a great tool in your homeschool or educational enrichment.
We searched to find some fun online live streaming cameras that give us a glimpse into various creatures’ lives and want to share what we’ve found.
Live Streaming Ocean and Creature Cameras
- Turtle Cam – Florida Keys/Key West – I LOVE turtles and I am hoping we are around to catch a glimpse of these little cuties hatching and making their journey to the ocean. It’s so cool to learn how the turtles first lay their eggs, then the babies use the moonlight reflecting on the water to make their way to the ocean.
- Nautilus Live – Explore the deep sea in real-time with Dr. Robert Ballard and his team of explorers. Learn new things about the ocean from aboard the Nautilus even when you can’t actually be on the ship. This is a great way to learn about deep sea exploration, conservation, and ocean life.
- Hancock Wildlife Cams – Several different live feed cams of hawks, eagles, and underwater in the Chehalis River. Some of these are offline until later in the year but they also have links to different live cams around the country.
- Brown Bears – Alaska – You can watch brown bears hunt for salmon in Alaska. It’s amazing to watch them patiently scanning the water, back and forth, back and forth.
- Honey Bee Cam – You can see a rare glimpse of life inside the colony with this awesome webcam in Germany. Honeybees are dying at an alarming rate and this is one way they can observe colonies to see what is happening.
- WildEarth Live has a wide selection of live cams from all around the world. It’s fun taking a glimpse.
- Sea and Aquarium Life Web cams – A wide selection of live streaming sea life can be found here.
- Hummingbird Live Cam – Get a glimpse of a hummingbird at its nest and eating. One of my favorite birds, I could watch them all day.
Are there any live streaming creature or deep sea cams you like to watch?4